Patrons with Disabilities
Services for Users with Disabilities
LSU Libraries is committed to providing services to users with disabilities. Staff members are available to assist users with their informational needs during University operating hours (typically 8:00 am to 5:00 pm). Facilities for users with disabilities are on the first floor of LSU Library and are provided by both the LSU Libraries and Information Technology Services.
LSU Library Computer Lab, First Floor
- A dedicated computer workstation with 20” monitor equipped with the following adaptive hardware and software:
- Large print keyboard with Braille keys
- Trackball mouse
- FS Reader: screen reader for DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) books
- JAWS for Windows (screen reading software)
- MAGic (screen magnification software)
- Note: This workstation does not have speakers. Users will need personal earbuds or headphones
- Desktop electronic video magnifier (CCTV) for document magnification
For questions regarding adaptive technology in the ITS computer lab in LSU Library, contact Disability Services at (225)578-5919 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information and Technical Assistance on the American with Disabilities Act
National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled (NLS)