General Information on Gear 2 Geaux
The LSU Student Technology Fee funds the purchase of mobile computing devices available for check-out at the LSU Library Access Services Desk. Any items not returned will be charged to your fee bill. You must be an LSU STUDENT on the Main LSU Campus with a student ID to be eligible for Gear 2 Geaux. VetMED and LSU Law students are not eligible to participate in the program. You can request in person to be put on a waiting list for a laptop. Access Services will contact you via email or text message if one becomes available. Students are responsible for laptops while they are checked out to them. If a student experiences a problem with the laptop, then they should return it to the Access Services Desk so that it can be sent to ITS for evaluation. The library cannot guarantee that the same laptop will be available to the student once it is returned. Physical damage to a laptop while in the possession of a student will result in the assessment of a damage fee. Laptops are reimaged after they are returned so that none of your personal information can be accessed by the next person who borrows it.
Computers and Related Items
|Loan Period||Replacement Costs||Fines||Notes|
|Chromebooks||Semester||$1600 replacement cost plus $30 processing fee||$10/hr up to a maximum of $50|
|Macbooks and Dell Laptops||Semester||$1600 replacement cost plus $30 processing fee||$10/hr up to a maximum of $50|
|Computer Mouse||Semester||$15 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine|
|Display Adapters||12 Hours||$30 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine||Building Use Only; (connects Mini Display Port to VGA)|
|HDMI Cables||Semester||$10 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine|
|Microphones||Semester||$25 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine|
|Web Cams||Semester||$60 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine|
|Camcorders||3 Days||$550 replacement cost plus $30 processing fee||$10/hr up to a maximum of $50.|
|Calculators||1 Day||$100 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine|
|Combination Locks||14 Days||$10 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine|
|Dry Erase Markers||12 Hours||$20 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine||Building Use Only|
|Games||7 Days||$20 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine|
|Phone Chargers||2 Hours||$15 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||$1.50/hr up to $20 maximum||Building Use Only|
|Power Strips||12 Hours||$15 replacement cost plus $5 processing fee||$1.50/hr up to $20 maximum||Building Use Only|
|Umbrellas||7 Days||$20 replacement cost plus $15 processing fee||No Fine|
- Current LSU Students
- A current, validated LSU Student ID is required for check-out.
- Circulation is limited to students with current check-out privileges.
- Students who routinely return electronic items late or who have checked out items and never returned them may lose their electronic checkout privileges.
- Overdue fines are automatically charged to your student record.
- Items will be declared lost after 24 hours past due time.
- Library circulation privileges are suspended once items are declared lost.
- Students who check out electronics are responsible for the FULL REPLACEMENT COST if the checked-out electronic item or any peripherals are lost or stolen. Students are also responsible for the FULL COST of repair parts and services if the electronic item or any peripherals are damaged or need cleaning. A $1.00 fine may be charged for removed or defaced labels.
- Damage or lost charges may be applied to your University Fee Bill.
- Borrowers will be notified about their fines according to standard library notification procedures.
- Technically, electronic devices may not be renewed; they must be brought back to the Access Services Desk and discharged from the student’s account. If enough items are available, the item may be checked back out to the student.
- In order for a laptop to be checked back out to the same student, the laptop must be returned on time and there must be other laptops available for other students to use..
- NO laptop or camera can be renewed if other patrons are waiting.
- Library electronics should NOT be left unattended at any time.
- You are responsible for ALL materials checked out on your ID card.
- Immediately report any problems, loss, or damage of items to the Access Services Desk (225) 578-2058.
- Electronics are to be returned ON TIME and INTACT (with all associated pieces, cords, bags, etc.) to the LSU Library Access Services Desk.
- All laptops and camcorders must be returned 15 minutes before the Access Services Department closes.
Important Note: All bags are subject to search upon entering and leaving the library by LSU Security and/or Library or Computing Services personnel.