Graduate Assistant - Government Documents
General Description of Duties
The Graduate Assistant (GA) for Government Documents Processing is a graduate student staff position with the LSU Libraries. Under the supervision of the Library Specialist III, this GA’s primary responsibility is to verify and add titles held by the Federal Government Document Library into the Library’s online database. The Graduate Student in this position is required to exercise a high degree of discretion, sound judgement and professionalism, and operate with considerable independence and initiative.
· Complete 20 hours of work per week. The GA’s hours can be flexible to work weekends and nights.
· Verify and add titles held by the Department into the Library’s online catalog following RDA cataloging standards.
· Process new microform receipts received through the Federal Depository Library Program.
· Assist at the Government Documents/Microforms circulation desk when needed.
· Complete special projects in the Government Documents/Microforms unit.
· Complete any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Full-time enrollment in a graduate degree program with preference given to students seeking a degree in the School of Library and Information Sciences.
· Strong skills in detailed oriented work.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Proficiency in using Microsoft Office programs.