Government Documents Graduate Assistant
APPLY HERE for this position
LSU Libraries Government Documents unit seeks to fulfill the Assistantship for the Needs and Offers Graduate Assistant. The candidate will start in May 2020, and must qualify as a Graduate Assistant per the LSU Graduate School's criteria. This is a full time Assistantship, the candidate must be able to work 20 hours per week.
Under the supervision of the Library Specialist II, this GA will work along with the Library Associate III as the primary responsibility involved in maintaining, reviewing and monitoring of the Federal Government Documents “Needs and Offers” program. The GA is responsible for adding titles held in the collection into the Library’s online catalog. The Graduate Student in this position is required to exercise a high degree of discretion, sound judgement and professionalism, and operate with considerable independence and initiative.
- Monitor the ASERL Government Documents Disposition Database to acquire missing titles by reviewing the catalog, the stacks, and using the “FDLP Superseded Guidelines.”
- Verify and add titles held by the Department into the Library’s online catalog following RDA cataloging standards.
- Create discard lists of withdrawn duplicate titles.
- Complete special projects in the Government Documents/Microforms unit.
- Complete any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication skills, organizational skills, will be detail oriented in their work, and will be proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
Interested candidates can submit their application and resumes here for this position opening May 2020