Exclusive License to Use Copyrighted Work
This Exclusive License (the “License”) is made by and between ______________________ (“Owner”), and Louisiana State University ("University").
_________________________________, (hereafter “Owner”) is the copyright holder of _______________________________, originally created by __________________ in _____[year] (the “Work”).
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants and promises herein contained, the Owner and the University agree as follows:
1. This License shall be effective as of _________________.
2. Owner hereby grants the University the exclusive, world-wide, royalty-free, perpetual and irrevocableright and license to copy and distribute, display, and perform certain materials described and/or included in Attachment A (the “Work”), in whole or in part. and to incorporate the Work, in whole or in part, into other works (the “Derivative Works”) for the University’s use, including, but not limited to, reproduction and distribution in University’s printed and electronic materials and posting of the Work on the University’s Web site(s).
3. All right, title, and interest in the Work, including without limitation, any copyright, shall remain with Owner.
4. The University shall own the copyright in the Derivative Works.
5. This License may be terminated by the written agreement of both parties. In the event that either party shall be in default of its material obligations under this Lilcense and shall fail to remedy such default within sixty (60) days after receipt of written notice thereof, this License shall terminate upon expiration of the sixty (60) day period.
6. Attachment A is incorporated herein and made a part hereof for all purposes.
7. Owner warrants and represents that it has the full right, power, and authority to enter into this License and to grant the rights granted herein; and that the University’s inclusion and use of the Work will not violate any rights of any kind or nature whatsoever of any third party. Owner shall indemnify and hold harmless the University, its successors, assigns and licensees, and the respective officers, directors, agents, and employees, from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fee), arising out of or in any way connected with any breach of any representation or warranty made by Owner herein.
8. This License constitutes the entire and only agreement between the parties concerning the Work and all other prior negotiations, agreements, representations and understandings are superseded hereby.
9. This License shall be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the United States of America and of the State of Louisiana.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties hereto have caused their duly authorized representatives to execute this License.
[Full Name of Owner]
Louisiana State Universityu