Communications & Publications
The LSU Libraries seeks a graduate assistant to work 20 hours per week in the area of Communications and Publications. Primary responsibilities include assisting with integrated communication strategies of the LSU Libraries.
The Graduate Assistant will report to and assist the Director of Communications and Publications with all areas of Communications and Publications for the LSU Libraries.
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute communication pieces, including, but not limited to: Advertising (digital, print), Flyers, Social Media, Photo Library, Newsletter, Event Planning, Web pages, Blog posts, Outreach, Press Releases
- Contribute to the development, management and promotion of special events and programming.
- Design graphics for web and other media
- Other duties as assigned
- Supervise a small team of undergraduate student assistants
- Preferred: a solid understanding of Adobe Creative Suite 6, including InDesign and Photoshop, Wordpress, and Microsoft Office;
- Excellent written communication;
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in the marketing/ communications field;
- Applicants must be eligible to work as Graduate Assistants per the Graduate School policies (e.g. good academic standing, full time enrollment, etc)
- The ability work independently, demonstrate initiative, create detailed and accurate records, and meet deadlines.
This position is a graduate assistantship with a 12-month appointment. Annual salary plus standard benefits associated with an LSU graduate assistantship.
Preference will be given to candidates who submit all application materials by August 30. The successful candidate will begin September 15.