I have been with LSU Libraries in multiple positions since 2013. I am currently the Events and Programming Librarian but I am also the liaison to the College of Agriculture, Coast & Environment, Geology and Geophysics.
My job is to not only help people better identify and use resources but to also introduce and help develop information literacy skills. I love helping people and making searching, not the horrible experience so many people have. I would love any opportunity to come talk to your classes, students, faculty, and/or staff about all the wonderful things LSU Libraries has to offer.
As the Events and Programming Librarian, I help facilitate the creation, implementation, and promotion of programs in the library as well as building and maintaining partnerships within LSU and the local community.
Departments and Schools
- Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness
- Agricultural and Extension Education and Evaluation
- Animal Sciences
- Coast & Environment
- Geology & Geophysics
- Nutrition and Food Sciences
- Plant, Environmental and Soil Sciences
- Plant Pathology and Crop Physiology
- Renewable Natural Resources
- Textiles, Apparel Design and Merchandising
- LSU Libraries, Events and Programming Librarian, October 2018-Present
- LSU Libraries, Agriculture Support Librarian, May 2015- September 2018
- LSU Libraries, Research & Instruction Graduate Assistant, August 2013-May 2015
- Louisiana State University, MLIS, 2015
- Northwestern State University, B.A., Communications, 2013
Morgan, R. L., Juve, N.,
(May 2018) Kennedy, E. H., McCluskey, J. J., Ostrom, M., Agriculture Mis-: Information, Conceptions, Perceptions, and Interpretations Panel (SI/RI IG), Oral Presentation, United States Agriculture Information Network, USAIN, Pullman, WA, United States.
Morgan, R. L., (October 2020) My Neck, My Back, my Anxiety Attack: Welcome Week at LSU or how we just learned to go with the flow, Oral Presentation, LOUIS Users Conference (LUC) 2020, LOUIS, Virtual. https://task.louislibraries.org/hc/en-us/articles/360057868653-My-Neck-My-Back-my-Anxiety-Attack-Welcome-Week-at-LSU-or-how-we-learned-to-just-go-with-the-flow
2. Morgan, R. L., Schwaid-Lindner, W., (October 2020) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Survey Responses: A Study of Virtue-Based Typology Within the Field of Librarianship Using a Universal Personality System, Oral Presentation, LOUIS Users Conference, LOUIS, Virtual. https://task.louislibraries.org/hc/en-us/articles/360056021094-Harry-Potter-and-the-Goblet-of-Survey-Responses
3. Morgan, R. L., Rowher, D., (July 2020) NOTHING COMPARES 2 (COLLABORATION WITH) U, Oral Presentation, NOLA Information Literacy Forum 2020, Virtual.
4. Morgan, R. L., Simms, S. L., (October 2019) Back that Success Up!, Oral Presentation, LUC- Louis Users Conference, LOUIS, Baton Rouge, LA, United States.
5. Morgan, R. L., (September 2018) Not Just Dogs: How Programming Helps the Academic Library build support, engage students, and foster a sense of community, Oral Presentation, LOUIS Users Conference, LOUIS, Baton Rouge.
6. Morgan, R., (October 2017) Programming for Fun and Profit: Engaging Students, Fostering Relationships, and Promoting your Library, Oral Presentation, 2018 Louisiana User's Conference, LOUIS, Baton Rouge, LA, United States.
7. Lopez, R., Kelly, R., (March 2016) Learning with LOUIS – Planning a Library-Wide Open House: Data-Driven Decision Making in Action, Oral Presentation, Learning with LOUIS, LOUIS- Louisiana Library Network, Baton Rouge, LA, United States.
1. Morgan, R. L., (December 2018) How Do You Measure Fun and Relaxation? Assessing Academic Library Programming Using Traditional and Non-Traditional Forms of Assessment, Poster, Library Assessment Conference, ACRL, Houston, TX, United States. https://www.libraryassessment.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/15-Morgan-MeasureFunRelaxation.pdf
2. Lopez, R. N., (April 2016) Nurturing a New Crop of Ag Librarians, Poster, USAIN 2016, United States Agriculture Information Network 2016, Gainesville, FL, United States.
Morgan, R. L. (2021) We Belong Together: “Academic Libraries, Third Place, and Programs”. Louisiana Libraries.
Morgan, R. L. (2020). Supporting Student Wellness and Success through the LSU Libraries Relaxation Room. Journal of Library Outreach & Engagement, 1(1), 98-108. https://iopn.library.illinois.edu/journals/jloe/article/view/469/648
Morgan, R. L. (2019). Libraries and Gardens: Growing Together., Catholic Library World, 90(1), 68-68.
- LSU Libraries Service
- Programming Committee
- Committee Head January 2016 - Present
- Open House Committee
- Co-Chair- 2018 - Present
- Committee Member 2014 - 2018
- Student Advisory Council
- Chair 2018- Present
- Wellness Committee
- Committee Member 2019- Present
- LSU Service
- University Council on Gender Equity (UCGE)
- Chair 2021-Present
- Committee Member 2019-2021
- Faculty Advisor
- College Democrats 2019- Present
- Professional Service
- Libraries as Place
- Building Community
- Libraries as 3rd Places
- Play for Adults in learning
- Communication within libraries
- Power Structures within libraries