Creates innovative and effective user services to guide the Access Services department. Oversees circulation, reserves, interlibrary loan, document delivery, and consortial resource sharing supporting the research needs of the university’s students, staff, and faculty. Seeks ways to improve services, delivery methods, and workflows to meet changing needs and emerging technologies providing user services within an ARL ranked research institution.
LSU Libraries, 1999-present
- Head, Access Services, Nov. 2014-present.
- Head, Research & Instruction Services, Sept. 2013-Nov. 2014.
- Research & Instruction Services Assistant Coordinator, July 2006-Sept. 2013.
- Associate Librarian, July 2005-June 2006.
- Assistant Librarian, Oct. 1999-June 2005.
- Lousiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, M.S., Human Resource and Leadership Development, 2018.
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, Master in Library and Information Science, 1999.
- Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI, B.S., Earth Science, 1998.
- Kelly Blessinger, Braunstein, S., Cramer, J. A., Griffin, L. S., & Hrycaj, P., "Implementing a Film Series for Community Engagement." Codex, 3 (2015): 25-46.
- Kelly Blessinger and Paul Hrycaj, eds., Workplace Culture in Academic Libraries: the Early 21st Century (Oxford: Chandos Press, 2013).
- Kelly Blessinger and Gina Costello, “The Effect of Economic Recession on Institutional Support for Tenure-Track Librarians in ARL Institutions.” Journal of Academic Librarianship 37 (2011): 307-11.
- Kelly Blessinger and Paul Hrycaj, “Highly Cited Articles in Library and Information Science: An Analysis of Content and Authorship Trends.” Library & Information Science Research 32 (2010): 156-162.
- Kelly Blessinger and Michele McCullar, “Analysis of a Decade in Library Literature 1994-2004.” College & Research Libraries 68 (2007):155-69.
- Kelly Blessinger and Maureen Olle, "Content Analysis of the Leading General Academic Databases." Library Collections, Acquisitions, & Technical Services, 28 (2004): 335-346.
- Kelly Blessinger and Maureen Olle, "Comparison of Three Primary Aggregator Databases." Serials Librarian, 45 (2003): 53-58.
Google Scholar Profile
Carolyn Hargrave Leadership Award, LSU Libraries, 2017.
- Electronic databases and journals
- Serial studies
- Education/career trends for librarians
- Publication trends for librarians
- Continuing education for librarians
- Workplace culture in academic libraries