Humanities & Social Sciences Librarian
141-A-02 Middleton Library
As Humanities & Social Sciences Librarian, I provide research and instruction services to faculty, staff, and students in the departments of English, History, Political Science, and Women's & Gender Studies.
- LSU Libraries, Humanities & Social Sciences Librarian, August 2017 - Present
- Hodges University, Terry P. McMahan Library, Librarian/Assistant Professor, August 2015 - August 2017
- Barry University, Euliano Law Library, Database Maintenance Assistant, March 2015 - August 2015
- Barry University, Euliano Law Library, Technical Services Assistant, July 2014 - May 2015
- Orange County Library System, West Oaks Library, Circulation Clerk, August 2013 - July 2014
- Florida State University, M.L.I.S., 2016
- University of Central Florida, B.A., English - Technical Communication, 2014
- Kelley, R. & O’Neill, B. (2019, March 15). Media Literacy Week at your library. Concurrent session for the Louisiana Library Association Conference, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- O’Neill, B. & LeBlanc, A. (2018, December 6). Assessing the assessment: Using the one-shot assessment to establish pedagogical values. Poster session for the Library Assessment Conference, Houston, Texas.
- Miller, M. & O’Neill, B. (2018, October 4). Visualizing the Battle of Baton Rouge: A comparison of contemporary accounts. Panel presentation for the Gulf South History and Humanities Conference, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- LeBlanc, A. & O’Neill, B. (2018, September 13). Make it "werk": Challenges and strategies in instruction scheduling. Concurrent session for the LOUIS Users Conference, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- O’Neill, B. (2018, June 23). Reverse engineering the research process. Poster session for the American Library Association Annual Conference, New Orleans, Louisiana, https://www.eventscribe.com/2018/ALA-Annual/fsPopup.asp?Mode=posterinfo&PosterID=153278.
- O’Neill, B. (2017, July 19). Gamifying library instruction: Using technology to make learning engaging. Webinar presentation for the North Carolina Library Association’s College & University Section, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC1iW4ptxXU.
- O’Neill, B. (2017, July 11). Embed yourself: Putting the library in the curriculum. Webinar presentation for Springshare SpringyCamp, https://buzz.springshare.com/springycamp/summer-2017/july.
- O’Neill, B. (2017, May 12). Let’s play: Gamifying the information literacy session. Lightning round presentation for the Florida Library Association Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida.
- Avila, S., Bertone, S. & O’Neill, B. (2016, March 3). Vendor/library relationships: What works, what doesn’t, and why not? Panel presentation for the Florida Library Association Annual Conference, Daytona Beach, Florida.
- O'Neill, B. & LeBlanc, A. (2019). Evaluating trends in instruction scheduling management: A survey of Louisiana’s academic libraries. Codex: The Journal of the Louisiana Chapter of ACRL, 5(2). Retrieved from http://journal.acrlla.org/index.php/codex/article/view/157.
- President, Association of College and Research Libraries Louisiana Chapter, 2018 - 2020
- Secretary, Association of College and Research Libraries Instruction Section, Peer-Reviewed Instructional Materials Online Committee, 2018 - 2019
- Member, Reference and User Services Association History Section, Academic Librarians Committee, 2018 - 2020
- Vice President, Association of College and Research Libraries Louisiana Chapter, 2017 - 2018
- Founding Member, Louisiana Virtual Academic Library Conference, 2018 - Present
- Marketing, Florida Library Association Academic Instruction and Information Literacy Member Group, Webinar Subcommittee, 2016 - 2017
- ATG Media 2018 Up & Comer Award