Related Links of Interest
Local and Regional Interest
Libraries and Archives of Interest
- The Amistad Research Center, Tulane University
- Archive Finder (includes ArchivesUSA and NIDS UK/Ireland)
- The Center for Southeast Louisiana Studies Historical records from Louisiana's Florida Parishes, southwestern Mississippi and surrounding areas.
- The Historic New Orleans Collection
- L'Ecole Libre des Sciences Politiques features an online catalog of their famous book collection and a digital library of maps documenting the maps used in classes at the "Sciences-Po." These maps offer interesting information for researchers studying cartography, both contemporary and historical.
- Search the Library of Congress Manuscript Collections
- Louisiana Archives and Manuscripts Association
- The Louisiana State Archives is the official repository for the state's historical records.
- Louisiana Tech University, Department of Special Collections, Manuscripts, and Archives
- National Archives and Records Administration
- The New Orleans Notarial Archives (NONA) holds some forty million pages of signed acts compiled by the notaries of New Orleans, Louisiana over three centuries. This state agency houses all notarial acts (1734 to present) for the Parish of Orleans. Researchers access these record through the Notarial Archives Research Center, 1340 Poydras Street, Suite 360, New Orleans, La 70112.
- New Orleans Public Library Archives/Special Collections
- Our Documents The Our Documents initiative is a cooperative effort among National History Day, The National Archives and Records Administration, and USA Freedom Corps. At the heart of this initiative are 100 milestone documents of American history. These documents reflect our diversity and our unity, our past and our future, and mostly our commitment as a nation to continue to strive to "form a more perfect union."
- The Southern Historical Collection at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- State Library of Louisiana
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- University of New Orleans Special Collections Department