Head, Research & Instruction Services
Areas of Responsibility
As Head of Research & Instruction Services, my role is to provide direction in the development of effective and innovative methods for the delivery of research and instruction services. I have the primary planning and administrative responsibility for the department and supervise, mentor, and evaluate the department’s librarians.
- University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC, M.L.I.S., 1999.
- Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI, B.S., Earth Science, 1998.
- LSU Libraries, Head, Research & Instruction Services, September 16, 2013-present.
- LSU Libraries, Research & Instruction Services Assistant Coordinator, July 1, 2006-September 15, 2013.
- LSU Libraries, Associate Librarian, July 1, 2005-June 30, 2006.
- LSU Libraries, Assistant Librarian, October 1, 1999-June 30, 2005.
Areas of Research
- Electronic databases and journals
- Serial studies
- Education/career trends for librarians
- Publication trends for librarians
- Continuing education for librarians
- Workplace culture in academic libraries
- Kelly Blessinger and Paul Hrycaj, eds., Workplace Culture in Academic Libraries: the Early 21st Century (Oxford: Chandos Press, 2013).
- Kelly Blessinger and Gina Costello, “The Effect of Economic Recession on Institutional Support for Tenure-Track Librarians in ARL Institutions.” Journal of Academic Librarianship 37 (2011): 307-11.
- Kelly Blessinger and Paul Hrycaj, “Highly Cited Articles in Library and Information Science: An Analysis of Content and Authorship Trends.” Library & Information Science Research 32 (2010): 156-162.
- Kelly Blessinger, Stephanie Braunstein, Alice Daugherty and Paul Hrycaj, \\"Formation of an Academic Writing Group at Louisiana State University Libraries: Background, Guidelines and Lessons Learned.” Codex: The Journal of the Louisiana Chapter of the ACRL1 (2010): 18-4.
- Kelly Blessinger and Michele McCullar, “Analysis of a Decade in Library Literature 1994-2004.” College & Research Libraries 68(2007):155-69.
Curriculum VitaeKelly Blessinger
Subject Specialist for: