Web Development Librarian
Summary of Responsibilities
As Web Development Librarian, Dave has a leadership role in the planning, design, and management of an evolving library web presence in order to meet the needs of the LSU students, faculty, and staff. In collaboration with the Director of Library Communications and Publications and the Web Advisory Commitee, Dave is responsible for establishing and implementing goals, policies, and procedures for the Libraries’ websites, with a focus on improving the user experience.
Dave is a passionate advocate for user-centered design. He has directed numerous web assessment activities including usability testing, focus groups, surveys and analytics assessment. He is very excited about the opportunity to engage the LSU community in improving the Libraries’ websites.
|Web Development Librarian||LSU||03/2014 to present|
|Web Developer||C4 Tech & Design||12/2013 to 03/2014|
|Web Services Librarian||Tulane University||06/2009 to 12/2013|
|Multimedia Developer||eService Productions||02/2004 to 04/2009|
|User Interface Designer||Mindex Technologies||01/2003 to 10/2003|
|Web Designer||Paychex||04/2001 to 03/2002|
|Technical Writer||Paychex||06/1999 to 04/2001|
|Web Content Editor||Fairport Media||11/1998 to 04/1999|
|Instructor, (Business Communication)||Delta College||03/1998 to 08/1998|
|University at Buffalo, SUNY||Master of Library Science||02 / 2008|
|University of Tennessee, Knoxville||B.A. Anthropology, Economics||06 / 1996|
- David Comeaux and Axel Schmetzke, "Accessibility of academic library web sites in North America—current status and trends (2002-2012)." Library Hi Tech. 31(1), 2013.
- David Comeaux, "Usability Testing of a Web-Scale Discovery System at an Academic Library." College & Undergraduate Libraries. 19(2-4), 2012.
- Axel Schmetzke and David Comeaux, "Accessibility Trends among Academic Library and Library Schools Websites in the USA and Canada." Journal of Access Services. 6(1-2), 2009: 137-152.
- David Comeaux and Axel Schmetzke, “Web accessibility trends in university libraries and library schools,” Library Hi Tech, 25(4), 457-477,2007.
- “Usability Studies and User-Centered Design in Digital Libraries,” Journal of Web Librarianship 2(2/3)
- "Tips for Developing Accessible eLearning with Flash," Learning Solutions eMagazine, July 10, 2006.
- “How Accessible are Library Resources to the Visually Impaired?”, Post-Tracks, September 1, 2005.
LOUIS Users Conference (2012)
LOUIS Users Conference (October 2011)
- "Web Accessibility at Louisiana Academic Libraries"
- "Drupal From Start to Finish" (Co-Presenter)
ELUNA Conference (May 2012)
American Library Association (June 2012)
"An Evaluation and Discussion of the Web Accessibility of Academic Library Web Sites"
Presented at Current Issues in Accessibility: How Blind and Learning Disabled Patrons Use Audio to Access the Internet, sponsored by the Universal Accessibility Interest Group.