The LSU Libraries offers a variety of services and information resources for students and faculty participating in the LSU Online program. Tom Diamond, LSU Libraries Online Learning Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-578-6572, is available to answer questions. For each course, a subject specialist is also available to assist faculty and students with their research needs. For the 2014 courses, the library contacts are:
- Business Administration – Rebecca Kelley, email@example.com, (225) 578-8735
- Construction Management – Emily Frank, firstname.lastname@example.org, (225) 578-8264
- Human Resource Education - Cristina Caminita, email@example.com, (225) 578-9433
- Education – Tom Diamond, firstname.lastname@example.org, (225) 578-6572
- Library and Information Science - Tom Diamond, email@example.com, (225) 578-6572
Students eligible to use the services listed below must:
- be currently enrolled in one of the LSU Online courses;
- if residing in Louisiana, have a LALINC card prior to requesting services at a LALINC library; and
- adhere to the policies of each library for borrowing and returning materials.
LSU Libraries' Circulating Collections: You may request materials owned by the LSU Libraries using the form found at http://www.lib.lsu.edu/instruction/distance/illform.html. Journal articles will be sent electronically. Books will be mailed to the mailing address you provide.
Circulating Collections of Other Louisiana Academic Libraries: materials from other participating Louisiana academic libraries may be checked out with a LALINC borrowing card. Request a card at http://www.lib.lsu.edu/instruction/distance/lalincap.html.
Acquiring Electronic and Print Books: Faculty and students may contact their subject liaison or Tom Diamond and request that the LSU Libraries purchase electronic and print books (not currently owned by the LSU Libraries) needed for their courses.
Personal Assistance: LSU Online students may use an 800 number to request assistance from Reference staff. The number is 800-364-7678. Students can also ask to be transferred Tom Diamond or the subject liaison assigned to the course. For information about text messaging, email reference service and online chat, see http://lsu.libanswers.com/. Interlibrary Loan (ILL)
Services for Loans of Material Not Owned at LSU: Borrowing books from other libraries takes time. A minimum of 2 to 3 weeks is usually required. We recommend strongly that before using ILL services, students and faculty attempt to find the needed material in a public or academic library near them. Using ILL at one's local library may also allow material to arrive more quickly.
If those options don’t work, material can be requested through the Interlibrary Loan Services Department via ILLiad. Set up an ILLiad account here: http://www.lib.lsu.edu/ILL Note: When setting up your ILLiad account, the“Status” field must read as "LSU Online" for eligibility to receive this service.