General | Car | Health | Money
- Better Business Bureau
- This is a non-profit organization designed to "promote and foster the highest ethical relationship between businesses and the public through voluntary self-regulation, consumer and business education, and service excellence." This site provides information to help consumers and businesses make informed purchasing decisions and avoid costly scams and frauds; and settle consumer complaints through arbitration and other means.
- Consumer World.org
- A non-commercial, public service guide of consumer resources.
- Federal Citizen Information Center
- This government-based site provides answers to questions about consumer problems and goverment agencies. From this site you can access links to the
Consumer Action Handbook, Consumer Information Catalog and Recalls.
- Whether you are considering buying a luxury sport utility vehicle or a new blender, this site offers invaluable, unbiased consumer product information. ConsumerSearch.com strives to provide "the latest and best competitive analysis of products" for free.
- Federal Trade Commission
- "Protecting America's Consumers." Find information about the Do Not Call Registry and how to access your Free Credit Report.
- Identity Theft Resource Center
- Their mission is to educate consumers on the best practices for fraud and identity theft detection.
- Social Security Online
- Apply for benefits, replace a medicare card, or change your address; this is the official site for the U.S. Social Security Administration.
- This government website provides the public with easy, one-stop access to all online U.S. Federal Government resources. Users can search for government information by topic rather than agency.
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- The CPSC provides consumers information about the safety of various products.
States Postal Service: Consumer Information
- Get information from the Postal Service on how to best make sure your
mail gets where it needs to go, as well as tips on how to avoid mail fraud.
- A "one-stop shop" for government recalls.
- Where to Write for Vital Records
- Find where to write to obtain birth, death, marriage, or divorce records.
- An expansive amount of information explaining the process of purchasing a vehicle!
- Kelley Blue Book
- The online version of the ever-popular car price guide!
- Buying a car? Prices and reviews for new and used cars.
- Motor Trend
- Read latest reviews of vehicles. Find new and used car prices.
- NADA Guides
- New and used car prices and reviews.
- This government-based web page offers consumers a wealth of health
information from several Department of Health
and Human Services agencies. Navigation is easy, and searching is offered
in 3 well-explained ways.
- Food and Drug Administration Web site provides health
information for consumers, industry, health professionals, patients, state
and local officials, women and kids.
- "Produced by a team of Web professionals and medical experts working side by side, MayoClinic.com gives users access to the experience and knowledge of the more than 3,000 physicians and scientists of Mayo Clinic."
- This site provides information on food and human nutrition for consumers.
- "WebMD provides valuable health information, tools for managing your health, and support to those who seek information."
- A guide to financial aid, scholarships, and loans.
- Consumer Information on Pension Plans
- Information from the U.S. Department of Labor about retirement, pensions, and savings.
- Small Business Administration
- Information on how to start, run and grown your business as well as financial, technical and management assistance.