Accessing Services at LALINC Libraries
Services to distance education students vary by library because each participating library has policies and procedures unique to its clientele. However, the following information should be helpful:
- When requesting assistance, always identify yourself as an LSU distance education student.
- When Interlibrary Loan services are needed from the library, ask for directions for submitting a request. You will be required to show your LALINC card (DE student should be checked) and a picture ID.
- Check out circulating collections of other Louisiana academic libraries by using a LALINC borrowing card.
- Many electronic databases are shared by LOUIS libraries, so reference librarians at LALINC libraries can give advice on how to use the shared databases.
- Staff members at LALINC libraries are extremely supportive of LSU distance education students, but this is a specialized service so some staff might not be familiar with the program. If necessary, ask if anyone else might have additional information.
- Out-of-state students should request services at the nearest public library.