Music Resources, located in 202 Middleton Library, supports The LSU School of Music, which is part of the College of Music and Dramatic Arts. It houses music scores, books on music, music journals and audio visual materials used in music. Additional information including hours and links to Internet resources is available at http://www.lib.lsu.edu/music/. All materials in Music Resources, regardless of format, are listed in the online catalog. The Advanced Search screen can be used to more easily locate curriculum materials since search terms can be combined and drop-down menus employed. Carter Music Resources can be designated as the library to be searched and specific locations within the department can be selected.
- Music scores for solo voice or instrument, chamber ensembles and large performing ensembles
- Books on musical literature
- Books on music education A-V RESOURCES: CDs, DVDs, videocassettes, LPs and audio cassettes
- REFERENCE WORKS used for music
- COMPLETE WORKS of major composers
- HISTORICAL SETS AND MONUMENTS OF MUSIC
Electronic Databases related to materials Music Resources: (access via Indexes and Databases on the Libraries' home page.)
- Classical Scores Library
- Grove Dictionary of Music (part of Oxford Music Online)
- Music Index Online
- Naxos Music Library (classical music sound files)
- RISM, Series A/II
To arrange for a tour, request a class instruction session or to recommend materials for purchase, please contact Lois Kuyper-Rushing, Music Librarian, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 225-578-4622.