A Newsletter Applauding Recent LSU Libraries Faculty Accomplishments
Issue no. 12.
Thanks and congratulations to all who contributed!
- Bensman, Stephen. “Donald J. Urquhart and the Integration of Science with Librarianship: Part 1.”
Interlending & Document Supply 35, no.2 (2007): 74-84.
- ____. “Donald J. Urquhart and the Integration of Science with Librarianship: Part 2.”
Interlending & Document Supply 35, no.3 (2007): 124-130.
- _____. “Garfield and the Impact Factor,” Annual Review of Information Science and Technology
41 (2007): 93-155.
- _____. “Garfield and the Impact Factor: The Creation, Utilization, and Validation of a Citation Measure: Part 2,
The Probabilistic, Statistical, and Sociological Bases of the Measure.” Baton Rouge, La., 2007.
Available on the Web site of Dr. Eugene Garfield at the following URL:
http://garfield.library.upenn.edu/bensman/bensmanegif22007.pdf (Accessed Dec.3, 2007).
- Bensman, Stephen J., and Donald H. Kraft. “Tibor Braun, the Journal Scientometrics, and the
International Development of a New Discipline.” In The Multidimensional World of Tibor Braun: A
Multidisciplinary Encomium for His 75th Birthday. Edited by Wolfgang Glänzel, András Schubert, and
Balázs Schlemmer, 71-73. Leuven, Belgium: International Society for Scientometrics and Informetrics, 2007.
- Program Planner, Science and Technology Division, SLA Annual
Honors and Awards:
- Kelly Blessinger was selected for inclusion in Who's Who of Emerging Leaders - 2007,
1st Edition Marquis Who’s Who publications.
- “Geographic Resources on the Internet.” Louisiana Library
Association Annual Conference, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, 2007.
- Blessinger, Kelly. Review of Hands-On Guide to Video Blogging and Podcasting: Emerging
Media Tools for Business Communication” by Lionel Felix and Damien Stolarz in
Journal of Web Librarianship 1, no.2, (2007): 93-95.
- Blessinger, Kelly and Michele McCullar. “Analysis of a Decade in Library Literature 1994-2004.”
College & Research Libraries 68 no.2 (2007): 155-69.
Honors and Awards:
- Alexis Carrasquel has been accepted as the 23rd Fellow of the USPTO Patent and
Trademark Depository Library Program Office. She will be living in Alexandria, Va and working at the
USPTO office for one year starting in May, 2008.
- “Getting Your Collections in the Louisiana Digital Library on the
Cheap!” at the Louisiana Library Association Conference, Baton Rouge,
LA, March 8, 2007.
- “Creating and Managing Online Exhibits,” at the Society of Southwest
Archvists in Oklahoma City, OK, June 1, 2007.
- Costello, Gina. “New Developments in the LOUISiana Digital Library.” Louisiana Libraries
69, no.3 (2007): 6-7.
- Fontenot, Mitch. "A Case for an Integrated Model of Community College and Public Use Libraries."
Public Libraries 46, no.4: (July/August, 2007):46-49.
- Louisiana Library Association Copyright Issues Task Force
- Kelsey, Sigrid. "Abernathy, Martha "; "Alexander, Charles Wesley" ; "Blair, Lorinda Ann" ; "Clalin,
Frances" ; "Clayton, Sallie" ; "Gilman, Caroline Howard" ; "McKay, Charlotte" ; "Moulton, Louise Chandler ";
"Prescott, Harriet E. "; and "Turchin, Nadine Lvova." In Women in the American Civil War,
edited by Lisa Tendrich Frank. Santa Barbara: ABC-CLIO, 2007.
- _____. "The Democratic Party in WWII" ; "Roosevelt, Eleanor." ; "Roosevelt, Franklin Delano." In The
Home Front Encyclopedia: United States, Britain, and Canada in World Wars I and II, ed. by James
Ciment. Santa Barbara: ABC-CLIO, 2007. 835 - 837.
- _____. "Open Source Software and the Corporate World." In Handbook of Research on Open Source
Software: Technological, Economic, and Social Perspectives. Edited by Kirk St. Amant and Brian Still,
570-577. Hershey, PA: Idea Group Publishing, 2007.
- Kelsey, Sigrid, column editor. "What's New in Library Products and Services." Louisiana Libraries 70,
no.2 (Fall 2007): 8-10.
- Laver, Tara. “Letters of William H. Whitney from the Red River Campaign.”
In: Little to Eat and Thin Mud to Drink: Letters, Diaries, and Memoirs from the Red River Campaigns,
1863–1864. Edited by Gary Joiner. Knoxville, TN: University of Tennessee Press, 2007.
- Rodrigue, Sylvia Frank and Faye Phillips. Historic Baton Rouge: An Ilustrated History.
San Antonio: Historical Publishing Network for the Foundation for Historical Louisiana, 2006.
Last Updated: Friday, 07-Dec-2007 15:42:10 CST
Comments | Music Resources |
LSU Libraries |
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803 | Tel (225) 578-4674 | Fax (225) 578-6825
Copyright ©2005 Louisiana State University Libraries
Originally created and currently maintained by Lois Kuyper-Rushing
Louisiana State University Libraries, Baton Rouge, Louisiana