- Research products using various resources so as to locate the best products at the lowest prices.
- Prepares specifications that meet the criteria of the University and State Purchasing Offices and initiates a requisition to accompany those specifications.
- Serves as liaison to vendors for questions regarding specifications.
- Analyzes bid summaries to assure that vendors’ products are not only the lowest price, but the best suited for the Libraries. Once reviewed as acceptable, approves for purchase.
- Monitors items as they are received to make sure they are undamaged, complete and consistent with the specifications described on the University’s purchase order.
- Prepares all PO Alterations and receiving reports in PRO system.
- Process requisitions for all maintenance contracts.
- Serves as the Libraries’ liaison to the University’s Purchasing Office.
- Supervises one student employee who is responsible for retrieving order requests from e-mail, ordering those supplies, and delivering them to Library personnel.
- Purchases all Library supply items.
- Responsible for the processing of all personnel forms for approximately 225 student employees.
- Initiates students’ appointment, termination, merit increases, and changes in source of funds forms in LSU’s Information Management System.
- Interprets policies and procedures on all University, State and Federal regulations regarding student workers, and evaluates each to determine if he/she fits these criteria.
- Serves as liaison between student workers and supervisors to solve any working problems, such as the need for relocation or disciplinary action.
- Refers to the Access Database for information regarding Libraries’ employees’ balances in Chancellor’s Student Aide and Work Study Allocations.
- Monitor and update all matters pertaining to student supervisor listserv to ensure that all student supervisors are getting all appropriate emails.
- Update Student Database
- Maintains procurement card for Purchasing needs
- Processes Foundation Check Requests
- Hill and Illiad Downloading of Invoices
- Assist in Travel Reimbursement
- Assist in Monthly Ledger Reconciliation
- Serves as Facility Manager backup.
- Assist the Facility Manager in Project Renovations
- Works with PI for purchases made on all Library grants.
2% Other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Business Manager
Supervises: Student Assistant (one).
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with related education and/or experience. Working knowledge of MS Office products including Excel, Word, and Access.
Desired Qualifications: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business or a related field.
Application deadline is July 9, 2013 or until the position has been filled. Go to https://lsusystemcareers.lsu.edu/ to apply for this position.