Departmental Contact Information
104 Middleton Library, LSU, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Phone: (225) 578-8560 Fax: (225) 578-5723 Email: email@example.com
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Monday - Friday
Contacts: Diane Hanson
Odyssey: 22.214.171.124 OCLC code: LUU NUC code: LU
Network Affiliations: ASERL, SOLINE, LALINC, RAPIDILL
Types of Requests
- Requests received via OCLC preferred. We loan to public and academic libraries. Please make requests through these libraries. If a request is made directly to LSU Libraries when there is OCLC available, the request will be denied.
- ALA form by mail or email. Most public and academic libraries have OCLC access.
- Email requests accepted from LaLINC members and other public and academic libraries. These requests must include a complete citation, as well as the email and shipping address of the designated library. Email received without either information will not be processed.
- We will not process personal requests.
Material is due back to LSU/ILL 28 days from the date the request was shipped. Failure to return material may result in a lost book bill for no less than $100. A non-refundable $30 overdue charge will remain even after extremely late material is returned. (When material is returned more than three months late, with rare exceptions the overdue fine is automatic). Once the material is at least six weeks overdue, the borrowing library will be BLOCKED from further loans through LSU/ILL until the material is either returned or replacement costs are paid.
One renewal is permitted unless otherwise notified. The loan is due back to our library on the renewal date. All renewal requests should be submitted to us at least five days before the due date.
Types of Materials Loaned (limit of 4 items per patron, institution, or request)
We reserve the right to refuse any request
- Master's Theses
- Microfilm (positive only)
Types of Materials Not Loaned
- Rare Items
- Reference Materials
- Reserve Materials
- Material that has been in the collection less than four months
- Most Periodicals/Journals
- Newspapers and serials on microfiche/microfilm newer than five years do not circulate
- U.S. Census Materials
- Micro-Opaque, Micro-Cards, Micro-Guides
- Certain Materials in Education Resources
- Most printed material housed in Special Collections in Hill Library. Contact Elaine Smyth (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more exceptions.
- Material held by the LSU School of Veterinary Medicine Library (VETMED). It is a separate library. Their borrowing code is LBD.
- NO AUDIO OR VIDEO HOLDINGS CIRCULATE THROUGH ILL.
- Material held by the LSU Law Library. It is a separate library. Their borrowing code is LUL.
- All requests for photocopies must be accompanied by copyright compliance.
- We do not have equipment to make copies from micro-opaque, micro-card, or micro-guides.
- The maximum number of pages scanned per request is 150.
- Photocopies cannot be made from thesis or disseration.
- $15.00 1 - 30 pages
- $20.00 30 - 150 pages
- The lost item charge is the cost of the item plus a $30.00 overdue
service charge. If a replacement cost cannot be determined, the charge will
be $70.00 plus the $30.00 service charge, for a total of $100.00.
- Loans are shipped by U.S. mail at the library rate.
- Special shipping is considered upon request, at the borrowing library's expense, either by Federal Express or UPS with an account number provided by the borrowing library or payment in advance using an Internal library invoice for UPS or First Class Mail.
Methods of Payment for Charges
- IFM (preferred) or invoice
- Credit cards: MasterCard and Visa only. No personal credit cards.
- IFLA Vouchers
- Reciprocating network affiliates are exempt from charges.
- RapidILL, LaLinc, ASERL, and SOLINE (exempt from fee for "returnables" only)
International requests should be submitted through OCLC. If the borrowing library does not have access to OCLC, requests can be submitted by email: email@example.com
The total cost will include our lending fee, plus shipping. Borrowing libraries will be notified beforehand of the total cost and asked to fill out, sign, and return an International ILL Verification Form (which we will supply to you).
Invoices will be mailed with loans and emailed for copies. Payment is required in U.S. dollars only (international money order or check drawn on U.S. bank funds); we also accept MasterCard and Visa (no personal credit cards), and IFLA Vouchers.
Interlibrary Loan Code for the United States