Library Instruction: LIS 1001
"Library Research Methods and Materials" (LIS 1001) focuses on introducing students to library and information organization, access, and retrieval. LIS 1001 is offered both as a traditional class, held in a state-of-the-art electronic classroom, or as an online class where students are able to participate in a virtual environment. This allows students hands on instruction and practice with the Libraries' ever increasing access to online resources.
LIS 1001 classes fill up quickly so be sure to register early.
For more information, visit the LIS 1001 - General Information page.
LIS 1001 Resources:
- Meet the Faculty
- See Second Floor Map of Middleton Library for classroom location
- How to forward PAWS E-mail
- Virtual Library Tour
- Detailed Course Objectives
- Common Course Outline
Key Dates and Times:
- Spring Semester 2013
Schedule of Sections Offered Fall 2013
- First Session - Fall 2013 (January 14th - March 6th)
- January 16: Final date for dropping courses without receiving a "W"
- January 17: Final date for adding courses
February 10 - 13: Mardi Gras Holidays
- February 21: Final date for dropping courses
- Second Session - Fall 2013 (March 11th - April 30th)
- March 13: Final date for dropping courses without receiving a "W"
- March 14: Final date for adding courses
March 29 - April 7: Spring Break
April 23 : Final date for dropping courses