Library Instruction: LIS 1001
"Library Research Methods and Materials" (LIS 1001) focuses on introducing students to library and information organization, access, and retrieval. LIS 1001 is offered both as a traditional class, held in a state-of-the-art electronic classroom, or as an online class where students are able to participate in a virtual environment. This allows students hands on instruction and practice with the Libraries' ever increasing access to online resources.
LIS 1001 classes fill up quickly so be sure to register early.
For more information, visit the LIS 1001 - General Information page.
Key Dates and Times:
- Fall Semester 2014
Schedule of Sections Offered Fall 2014
- First Session - Fall 2014 (August 25th - October 14th)
- August 27: Final date for dropping courses without receiving a "W"
- August 28: Last Day to Add Courses
September 1: Labor Day Holiday
- September 30: Final date for dropping courses
October 2-3: Fall Holiday
Second Session - Fall 2014 (October 15th - December 2nd)
- October 17: Final date for dropping courses without receiving a "W"
- October 20: Final date for adding courses
- November 21: Final date for dropping courses
- November 26 - 28: Thanksgiving Holiday