Library Instruction: LIS 1001
"Library Research Methods and Materials" (LIS 1001) focuses on introducing students to library and information organization, access, and retrieval. LIS 1001 is offered both as a traditional class, held in a state-of-the-art electronic classroom, or as an online class where students are able to participate in a virtual environment. This allows students hands on instruction and practice with the Libraries' ever increasing access to online resources.
LIS 1001 classes fill up quickly so be sure to register early.
For more information, visit the LIS 1001 - General Information page.
LIS 1001 Resources:
- Meet the Faculty
- See Second Floor Map of Middleton Library for classroom location
- How to forward PAWS E-mail
- Virtual Library Tour
- Detailed Course Objectives
- Common Course Outline
Key Dates and Times:
- Fall Semester 2013
Schedule of Sections Offered Fall 2013
- First Session - Fall 2013 (August 26th - September 14th)
- August 28: Final date for dropping courses without receiving a "W"
- August 29: Final date for adding courses
September 2: Labor Day Holiday
- October 1: Final date for dropping courses
- Second Session - Fall 2013 (October 18th - December 6th)
- October 18: Final date for dropping courses without receiving a "W"
- October 21: Final date for adding courses
November 7 - November 8: Fall Holiday
November 22: Final date for dropping courses November 27 - November 29: Thanksgiving Holiday