Library Instruction: LIS 1001
"Library Research Methods and Materials" (LIS 1001) focuses on introducing students to library and information organization, access, and retrieval. LIS 1001 is offered both as a traditional class, held in a state-of-the-art electronic classroom, or as an online class where students are able to participate in a virtual environment. This allows students hands on instruction and practice with the Libraries' ever increasing access to online resources.
LIS 1001 classes fill up quickly so be sure to register early.
For more information, visit the LIS 1001 - General Information page.
LIS 1001 Resources:
- Meet the Faculty
- See Second Floor Map of Middleton Library for classroom location
- How to forward PAWS E-mail
- Detailed Course Objectives
- Common Course Outline
Key Dates and Times:
- Spring Semester 2014
Schedule of Sections Offered Spring 2014
- First Session - Spring 2014 (January 15th - March 9th)
- January 17: Final date for dropping courses without receiving a "W"
- January 20: Martin Luther King Holiday
January 21: Final date for adding courses
- February 20: Final date for dropping courses
March 3-4: Mardi Gras Holiday
Second Session - Spring 2014 (March 10th - May 9th)
- March 12: Final date for dropping courses without receiving a "W"
March 13: Final date for adding courses
April 14 - April 17: Spring Break
April 18: Good Friday Holiday
April 21: Final date for dropping courses