Setting Up AccountsYou must establish an account for access to some library resources and services.
- Click on PIN Information under Catalog and Account Information on the library web page at www.lib.lsu.edu.
- Click on Email my PIN and complete the information requested.
Once you receive your PIN, you may personalize it by clicking on Change My PIN also under PIN Information.
Collection of almost 40,000 reference, scholarly, and professional electronic books covering a variety of disciplines. Log on with a My EBSCOhost name and password. See below.
- Click on eBook from either Frequently Used Databases or Databases by Title.
- Your MyLSU login provides off campus access to electronic resources.
- Click on Create a Free Account on the upper right toolbar for a registration form.
- Follow the instructions given. (You may use any username and password that you wish.)
- You can now log in and search for the title from the eBook home page.
- To view a title from the online catalog, click the URL under the title and log in with the username and password you chose.
LSU Libraries patrons may check out a book for four hours at a time. Once you have done so, you may personalize information by using My List and Notes found on the upper right toolbar. E-books may be downloaded or printed a page or two at a time.
A document delivery service which provides unmediated access by faculty, research staff, and graduate students to articles from periodicals not owned by LSU. Fees are subsidized by LSU Libraries. Articles delivered electronically by fax or e-mail. See /databases/descriptions/ingenta.html for additional information. (Use 17-digit university ID to establish an LSU Patrons Account.)
Access to many databases is through the vendor, EBSCO. My EBSCOhost is a personal area or folder which you can use to collect information that you plan to reuse in a future EBSCO database session. You can save search results and persistent links to searches, saved searches, search alerts, journal alerts, and web pages. The items saved in your personal folder can be organized for ease of viewing, adding, deleting, or editing. You must choose the sign-in link at the top of the page to create a new account, update your account, or retrieve your user name and password. A user guide for My EBSCO host can be found at My EBSCO Databases User Guide
Interlibrary Loan (Borrowing)
Interlibrary Borrowing provides access for LSU faculty, students, and staff to materials not held by the LSU Libraries.To set up an account click on Interlibrary Loan under Departments on the LSU Libraries web page.
- Click on Illiad First Time Users
- Logon with your Tiger Card ID number
- Read information and complete form as requested.
Attention Distance Education Students: This department does not mail loan materials to DE patrons. If you need a loan of material not owned at LSU Libraries, please see additional information below:
- In-state: request through Interlibrary Loan at the site library where you are receiving instruction. You will be required to show your LALINC card (DE student should be checked) and a picture ID.
- Out-of-state: request ILL servicse at your site library or the nearest public library.