Accessing Services at Site Library
Services to distance education students vary by library since each site library has policies and procedures unique to their clientele. However, the following information should be helpful:
- When requesting assistance, always identify yourself as an LSU distance education student.
- When Interlibrary Loan services are needed from the site library, ask for directions for submitting a request. You will be required to show your LALINC card (DE student should be checked) and a picture ID.
- Circulating collections of other Louisiana academic libraries (including the site library on the campus where instruction is received) by using a LALINC borrowing card which can be requested at www.lib.lsu.edu/instruction/distance/lalincap.html.
- Many electronic databases are shared by LOUIS libraries, so reference librarians at site libraries can give advice on how to use the shared databases.
- Staff members at the site libraries are extremely supportive of the LSU distance education program, but this is a specialized service so some staff might not be familiar with the program. If necessary, ask if anyone else might have additional information.
- Out-of-state students should request services at the nearest public library.