DEEP WEB SEARCH ENGINES
- Many of the webpages on the deep (invisible) web are not permanent webpages but dynamically generated information created by searching a database. Some examples include online dictionaries, stores, phonebooks, job databases, airline agencies, etc.
- Most general search engines cannot retrieve webpages from the deep web.
- Complete Planet
- searches over 70,000 databases and specialty search engines
- Find Articles.com
- searches an archive of articles from various magazines back to 1998. LSU students can find many more articles through the LSU Libraries Indexes and Databases webpage.
- Provides a complete search portal solution.
More information about the Deep Web
- "What is the Invisible Web?" (U.C. Berkeley Library)