Collection Services: Cataloging
All music videocassettes are forwarded to Music Resources for cataloging and processing.
- Catalog according to AACR2 chapter 7.
- Enter VCAS plus the next available accession number in the call number field.
- Change class scheme code to ALPHANUM.
- Special Collections: Create VOL/COPY record with piggyback barcode placed on call number flag.
- All other locations: Create one VOL/COPY record for each videocassette and place the barcode inside the plastic case.
MARC Holdings Record
- Create a MARC holdings record according to standards and local policy, if the title is multipart or if the title is mixed format.
- Special Collections:Write call number on flag. Place piggyback barcode on flag.
- All other locations:
- Place a label with the location and call number on the videocassette label.
- Place the videocassette in its plastic case. All videocassettes are circulated in plastic cases. If one is not supplied, obtain one from the labelling supply area.
- If a videocassette for Education Resources is supplied with a cardboard sleeve, rubberband the sleeve to the plastic case.
- Send to be labelled.