Collection Services: Cataloging
All music sound cassettes, except Education Resources materials, are forwarded to Music Resources for cataloging and processing.
- Catalog according to AACR2 chapter 6.
- Education Resources:
- Enter Library of Congress classification number in the call number field.
- Change class scheme code to LC.
- Enter Cassette and the next available accession number in the call number field.
- Change class scheme code to ALPHANUM.
- Special Collections: Place piggyback barcode on call number flag. Create VOL/COPY record(s) with scanned barcode for item ID.
- All other locations: Create one VOL/COPY record for each sound cassette and place the barcode on the inside back cover of the pambinder.
MARC Holdings Record
- Create a MARC holdings record, according to standards and local policy, if the title is multipart or if the title is mixed format.
- Special Collections: Write call number on flag. Place piggyback barcode on flag.
- All other locations:
- Place a label with the location and call number on the sound cassette label.
- Place the sound cassette in its plastic case.
- Place the plastic case in a pambinder (obtain from supplies if necessary).
- Send to be labelled.