Collection Services: Cataloging
- Catalog according to AACR2 1.1C4.
- Enter LC classification number in the call number field.
- Change class scheme code to LC.
- Special Collections: Do not barcode. Create VOL/COPY record(s) with auto-generated item ID.
- All other locations: Create one VOL/COPY record, with barcode, for each piece of the kit that circulates individually; most kits will have only one VOL/COPY record with a piece count recorded. .
MARC Holdings Record
- Create a MARC holdings record according to standards and local policy unless the number and variety of pieces are extensive.
- Special Collections: No physical processing. Write call number on flag.
- All other locations:
- If container is not supplied with the kit items, request one from Serial Services.
- Send the kit to labelling.