Collection Services: Cataloging
- Catalog each individual item on a separate bibliographic record.
- In the record for the first item, add a 501 "with" note describing all of the other items bound or filmed with it. For each item give the title proper (or uniform title if one has been assigned), the statement of responsibility, and the entire publication, distribution, etc., area. Use ISBD punctuation.
- For individual records of serial analytics, add a local 590 note indicating which volumes or issues are bound together.
Also add the following local 590 note to the serial cover record:
FOR CIRCULATION INFORMATION, RETURN TO INDEX SCREEN FOR INDIVIDUAL TITLES IN THIS SERIES.
501: : |aWith: Summer and smoke / Tennessee Williams. New York : New Directions, 1948 -- At heaven's gate / Robert Penn Warren. New York : Random House, 1959.
590: : |aNo.1-6 are bound together. (Use for serial analytics.)
- In the records of all subsequent items, add a 501 "with" note referring to the first item only.
- Create a linked vol/copy record for the first item, with a true item ID (barcode).
- Create a vol/copy record for all subsequent items, with an auto-generated item ID. Each item of a serial analytic will have the same call number plus the corresponding volume numbering.