Collection Services: Cataloging
The LSU Libraries record holdings for bibliographic items according to national standards unless otherwise stated.
- Holdings will be recorded at Level 4 whenever possible.
- Retrospective holdings and electronic resource holdings will be recorded at Level 3.
- Holdings will be fully compressed when they are continuous and complete.
- Holdings will be partially compressed whenever volumes are incomplete.
- Gaps will be represented by commas.
- Nongap breaks will be represented by semicolons.
- Separate statements will be used whenever clarity is an issue.