Policies for Classroom Use
- All instructors must agree to the terms of room use.
- The electronic classrooms are used primarily for instruction requiring hands-on computer training. This includes:
- the Libraries' credit course;
- the Libraries' orientation and subject related instructional and training sessions;
- academic courses requiring occasional use (up to three class meetings) of an instructional computer lab.
- training for LSU Faculty, students, and staff requiring hands-on computer applications.
- All classes are scheduled on a first-come first-served basis. All room reservations must end one hour before the library closes.
- Instructors are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the classroom equipment prior to the scheduled class time. A brief training session on the use of the equipment may be scheduled by contacting Mike Russo at 578-6823 or email@example.com.
Detailed instructions are provided when the room keys are picked up.
- Priority for use of the rooms will be given to:
- LIS 1001 classes scheduled;
- Library instructional and training sessions;
- Courses in the College of Education requiring use of an instructional computer lab for up to three sessions;
- Other academic courses requested by faculty, instructors, and staff;
- Other requests depending on availability will be assigned with priority given to library faculty/staff in the case of requests received simultaneously.
- All requests must be submitted two weeks in advance.
- Semester-long classes will not be scheduled in these classrooms.
- Undergraduates may not reserve the rooms for instructional purposes or serve as instructors in the classrooms, except when the activity for which a room is requested has a faculty sponsor present who accepts responsibility for adhering to the policies and procedures for use of the room.